Thursday 11th February

Postcard Writing Competition
Ms. Lynch has organised a postcard writing competition for the whole school! In you work pack, you all should have received 2 postcards. Use the postcard highlighted in the picture below. You can decide who to send the other postcard to! You might like to send it to a grandparent, a friend, a teacher in the Junior or Senior school, anyone you like! She has lots of prizes so make sure to try your best and send in photos of your finished postcard to Seesaw!

  • Separate the two post cards along the jagged line
  • Use the blank postcard and draw a nice picture on one side of it. 
  • On the other side, address it to people who live in this hospital: St Joseph's Residential Care, Shankilll, Cricken Lane, Co. Dublin, D18TY00. 
  • For example, you might write something like this in your postcard: 

Hi Everybody!

I am writing this postcard to wish you all a lovely year. I hope that all of you are doing well and I want to say hi to all the staff who work there too. I know it must be hard not being able to see your family and friends during Covid 19. I miss seeing my grandparents and friends too. I find learning at home a little bit tricky but I'm sure everything will be back to normal soon. During lockdown, I have taken up new pastimes like going for long walks, and drawing lots of pictures. I hope you like the picture I drew for you on the front of this postcard. 

Take care, 

John

Scoil Cholmcille SNS, Ballybrack. 

  • When signing the postcard, only use your first name and use the school address. For example; John, Scoil Cholmcille SNS Ballybrack. 
  • Take a photo of the front and back of your postcard and upload them to Seesaw. 
  • Don't forget to put it into a postbox! (You don't need to add any stamps). 

Handwriting

Write the following paragraph of the poem, in your neatest handwriting, into your handwriting copy (black copy with yellow stripe).

I Let My Sister Cut My Hair

I don’t think that I’ll let her

give me haircuts anymore.

Or maybe I’ll just wait a while;

at least until she’s four.

Maths

Ms. O'Donnell's Maths Group

·      Mental Maths: Thursday Week 14

·      Worksheet: 3D Shapes: Faces, Edges & Vertices 






Ms. Ní Ghibealláin's Maths Group

·      Worksheet: 3D Shapes: Faces, Edges & Vertices 


Gaeilge

·      Litrigh é Linn: Lch 51

English

·      Spellbound Worksheet: Unit 14 G & H


·     Creative Writing about Valentine's Day/Love: Look at the pictures below to inspire you and write a story in your 'Everything 1' copy. If you would like to upload a video of you reading your story, I can share it with the whole class to hear :)




SESE

We are going to learn about Valentine's Day in Taiwan. Click on the video below to hear me read about it :)


Click on the video below to see the Valentine's Day Fireworks Display in Taiwan!


P.E.
For P.E. today, follow along with Irish Boxing Champion Kellie Harrington!

Optional Activity: S.P.H.E

·      It is Internet Safety Week this week! For your activity today, you can complete the Internet Safety word search and crossword :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday 11th May

Wednesday 3rd February

Stevie Wonder Music Study Resources